I have just finished The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann. This tale takes a the lead character and the reader through five laws that generate stratospheric success. Each of these laws speaks to stories successful people build around themselves or their work. These stories define the way people are known. It seems that these five laws unlock the material that great leaders and business are built around.
Although I recommend you read the book here are the five laws
1. The Law of Value: Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
2. The Law of Compensation: Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
3. The law of Influence: Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place others peoples interest first.
4. The Law of Authenticity: The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
5. The Law of Receptivity: The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
These laws are good eye openers to make us remember to keep giving without expecting return. People , time and ideas given come back in multiples. Finding ways to reach out to large audiences amplifies your chance to help people and as the laws spread there chance of helping you. Being truly authentic will build stories that people will tell about you. Build those authentic stories around what you do for others and your value increases.